Power Supply Swap

Precip

Prominent
May 4, 2017
Hi

I just ordered a new power supply, the EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3, and I was wondering if there was anything I should know or have to know when I'm rewiring my PC. Like making sure I don't reuse any of the old cables, etc, etc.

Thank you!

Solution
Yes:

Plan it all out step by step. USE a clean neat working area, have your tools ready, have a dish for small parts and screws.

1) Find your motherboard manual.

2) Read the installation instructions for both motherboard and PSU.

3) Take photos before you take things apart. Lable cables.

4) Take your time and double check everything you do and connect.

5) Do not force any connections. Some may be tight so go slow and carefull.

6) If something does not look right, feel right, or outright not as it should be - then stop. Do some research and reading to figure out what is wrong.

7) Work methodically and careful. Try to work when there are no distractions. Little hands or even pets at the wrong time can wreak havoc.

8) If the...

Ralston18

Titan
Yes:

Plan it all out step by step. USE a clean neat working area, have your tools ready, have a dish for small parts and screws.

1) Find your motherboard manual.

2) Read the installation instructions for both motherboard and PSU.

3) Take photos before you take things apart. Lable cables.

4) Take your time and double check everything you do and connect.

5) Do not force any connections. Some may be tight so go slow and carefull.

6) If something does not look right, feel right, or outright not as it should be - then stop. Do some research and reading to figure out what is wrong.

7) Work methodically and careful. Try to work when there are no distractions. Little hands or even pets at the wrong time can wreak havoc.

8) If the system fails to boot or if there is some other problem. Do not panic and starting applying random "fixes". Review everything, identify the true problem, and go from there.

Solution