Power Supply Too big to allow fam mount, what do i do

durangod

Honorable
Aug 10, 2016
Hi,

I knew even with all of my research on parts for weeks there would be something that would go way wrong.

I went to put my EVGA 750 G2 power supply in my corsair spec-02 case and i had to take the bottom fan out, but then i went to put the fan back and the two screw holes are hidden behind the PSU so i cant even put my fan in, and there only only 4 holes for the fan so i cant use a smaller fan.

What do i do now? I need the air flow. See pic below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2glb2r67yd69tz/psutoobig.jpg?dl=0

thanks..

Solution
OK the fan i was going to use from the old machine was way too small so i ended up cutting and grinding the bolt flanges off the one side of the 122mm fan and it fits snugly in the space which is 115mm or 4.5in i checked to see if it was out of round or was binding but the fan turns freely with the finger and the space around the fan seems to be even. So after drilling two new screw holes it will be just fine. Solved...
The Enthoo Luxe says that it fits 2 x 120 on bottom and provide (8) screw holes to mount them. It can fit 2 x 140mm but only has 96) screw hols to mount them.. I put the 1st 140mm in with (4) screws and the 2nd with (2) screws. Gravity did the rest. Just told then fan to "Obey Gravity, it's Law !" and it's been fine since :)

durangod

Honorable
Aug 10, 2016
nothing i can do about the case now its not brand new anymore. So i guess i just wont have a bottom fan.. GRRRRR! Unless i get a smaller fan and just drill some new holes for that side of the fan mount. Its only like 1/4 inch off dang...

Is this because i got a PSU that was too long, or is this a case design issue, im wondering if all PSU are about the same size maybe i needed to get one smaller but with same powwer?

durangod

Honorable
Aug 10, 2016
OK i got lucky, i measured the space and a fan will just bearly fit under the mudule wires coming out of the PSU as long as its not more than 25mm Thick, and i figured i need a 110mm for the width, so i looked at my old system that i am gutting anyway and the output fan in the back is just the right size so ill use that one... WHewww.... its not high volumn but it will work.

durangod

Honorable
Aug 10, 2016
yeah but there is just not enough room. I can deal with the two screws, thats not the issue, the issue is that the fan wont even fit in the space the 120mm is too wide. A 110mm will fit but not a 120mm.

I was originally going to put the PSU upside down to pull the air accross the CPU and GPU from the top fans but i think it would look funky in the back with it like that.

durangod

Honorable
Aug 10, 2016
OK the fan i was going to use from the old machine was way too small so i ended up cutting and grinding the bolt flanges off the one side of the 122mm fan and it fits snugly in the space which is 115mm or 4.5in i checked to see if it was out of round or was binding but the fan turns freely with the finger and the space around the fan seems to be even. So after drilling two new screw holes it will be just fine. Solved...

Solution