[SOLVED] Power supply unit confusion

Feb 21, 2019
Hi
I am facing a problem with psu unit .
As I m going to build a new pc with an amd ryzen 7 2700x with Asus crosshair vii hero with with Corsair vengeance pro 16 *2 (rgb) and with gtx 1060 6GB(gigabyte)

So my question is as I already have xfx 850watt silver certified psu(2010) should I go with it or I have to change for this .please help !!

Solution
Hi
As I m going to build a new pc with an amd ryzen 7 2700x with Asus crosshair vii hero with with Corsair vengeance pro 16 *2 (rgb) and with gtx 1060 6GB(gigabyte)

So my question is as I already have xfx 850watt silver certified psu(2010) should I go with it or I have to change for this .please help !!

Yes, replace the PSU, the one you have is old and does need to be replaced.

Good ones are:

Seasonic Focus Plus
EVGA G2 or G3
Corsair RMX

You don't really need a 850W PSU.

650W is fine, or go with a 750W for the cabling options and future upgrades etc.
Feb 21, 2019
Thanks for prompt response
The 850 watt power supply should be totally adequate for not only normal use but even some pretty heaving overclocks if you have adequate cooling.
Thanks for prompt response but is there any issue with back dated product as I already mentioned that I buy that in 2009-2010!!

Hi

Yes, replace the PSU, the one you have is old and does need to be replaced.

Good ones are:

Seasonic Focus Plus
EVGA G2 or G3
Corsair RMX

You don't really need a 850W PSU.

650W is fine, or go with a 750W for the cabling options and future upgrades etc.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS