Power Supply Unit For the Gaming Machine

leygan67

Honorable
Dec 10, 2017
Hello, so i have this Build:
AMD Ryzen R5 1600
MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Armor 8GB OC

Basically I have right now EVGA 500W 80+ Rated Power Supply and at the start when I got it (It was New) It was all good i could keep gaming non stop for many hours. So now my PC is sometimes restarting itself without no errors when i playing a game (sometimes it hang up even when i surfing the web) So i know this PSU is not of the best one's. And i assume it's the issue that causing restarts. My question is: Does this PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum will be enough for my system and stops the annoying restarts/Hangs and does this PSU are good for long time usage?
By The Way MSI Armor 1070 OC has a 1-6 pin connector and 1-8 pin Connector, do i need to connect them both or i can connect just one of them?

Thank you.

leygan67

Honorable
Dec 10, 2017

I heard somewhere that those PSU's like mine EVGA is built with a chinese Capacitors and that's why they can't draw so much power for a long time even if it's enough in wattages, is it true? So i assuming that Focus plus one have japanesse Capacitors or something like that?

That is not true.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

the evga B series are built to cost, so yes while they can actually output their rated wattage they have a short life span if you push them

quality is the reason the seasonics have the warranty they do =)