[SOLVED] power supply unit Problem

mhsine

Reputable
Nov 28, 2019
Hello , I hope you are doing good ,
I think I have a problem with my Power supply unit , my games crash on "balanced" or "high" performance mode " Power plan ", and sometimes it makes a sound like if it was blocked .
I bought yesterday a new speakers and I started hearing static noises , when I tried them on my laptop , they worked fine , I Even plugged the Speaker's USB in the laptop and the jack in the desktop to see if the jack is the problem but they worked just fine . I was thinking of lowering the Core voltage its 1.417 when I checked in BIOS , but I don't know . thank you for your time .
My pc specs are :
Motherboard : Asus B450M-K
processor : AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6core 3.6 Ghz
Graphic Card : Geforce RTX 2060 Super
Ram : 16Gb
Power supply unit : Corsair VS 550

Thank you .

Solution
you need 650w 80+gold power supply

"Gold" is efficiency. Not a gauge of quality.

yes it is if its the thermal take smart 630w gold
or a famous company like antec seasonic Corsair (600-650w) because only thermal take is 630w

"Smart" is not a good PSU. The 650W isn't Gold either. Also, Antec, Seasonic and Corsair make a full line of products. Can't just suggest a brand.

Might want to hold off on advising others on PSUs.

Not a wise combination. VS is as entry level as they come. Double forward, group regulated.

Please post a link to a store in your region where you would buy a PSU from and we can help you "shop".

mhsine

Reputable
Nov 28, 2019
@awayagain I live in Africa , i ll be buying from a shop in the market , a friend of mine told me he has something with 630w , but he didn't mention the brand , so I will have to visit and see bymyself , thank you . 630w is enough I think no matter the brand right ?

awayagain

Reputable
Jun 27, 2018
or a famous company like antec seasonic Corsair (600-650w) because only thermal take is 630w

but no the brand does matter and the certificate of it 80+ you cant bring any psu and just put it there

if you're pc is a potato 1gb ram pc yeah do what you want but having a 2060 super it might go dd with a wrong psu

you need 650w 80+gold power supply

"Gold" is efficiency. Not a gauge of quality.

"Smart" is not a good PSU. The 650W isn't Gold either. Also, Antec, Seasonic and Corsair make a full line of products. Can't just suggest a brand.

Might want to hold off on advising others on PSUs.

Not a wise combination. VS is as entry level as they come. Double forward, group regulated.

Please post a link to a store in your region where you would buy a PSU from and we can help you "shop".

Solution

mhsine

Reputable
Nov 28, 2019
@awayagain , @jonnyguru , sorry for the late reply , I just went to the store aaaaand I found that they have only a chinese product named "Frog " , so yep , my only choice is to order VX NOX 650 w , it costs 90$ , I don't have much choice its the only available , is it good ?

@awayagain , @jonnyguru , sorry for the late reply , I just went to the store aaaaand I found that they have only a chinese product named "Frog " , so yep , my only choice is to order VX NOX 650 w , it costs 90$ , I don't have much choice its the only available , is it good ?

No. Frog is worse than Potato.

What island do you live on where there's no shipping from online stores and only one computer store?

it looks new, but I could ask, if its not what's the max acceptable time of usage

Not really sure why you're being so cagey. No offense. But you won't tell us what country you're in, where you're shopping, what the actual part number for the CS is. Maybe a link to the Facebook post? Maybe upload a screenshot of the sale?

It's very hard to give someone assistance when you feel like you're playing charades but with actual words.

If it's this CS:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...Supply-Units/cs-series-config/p/CP-9020077-NA

It was released way back in 2015 and discontinued in 2017. Meaning the newest it could be is 5 years old.

Is this the PSU you're looking at?

Help us help you.