Question Power / voltage check for a few weeks old system, and Error ID 41 ?

Mar 21, 2024
Okay so I noticed something odd in hwinfo64 which is that my mobos +12v rail sits anywhere between 11.980v to 12.076v and similar trend with other voltages such as the +5v goes to 5.020v.

So what prompted me to dig around was the fact that on clean boot / shutdowns sometimes windows generates error ID 41's (dirty shutdown) in event viewer and I couldn't exactly figure out what would cause it besides fast startup or potentially some bios setting I haven't looked at in regards to boot? Anyway I disabled fast startup just now within windows power settings and I'm seeing if the error happens again. But then obviously the second thing I thought of were the voltages etc which brought me here, I have no clue if the values dipping slightly like they are is within reason or not or if I should worry of it.

System specs:

R5 7600X
Kingston Fury Beast (2x16) 32GB DDR5 5600mhz
Msi RTX 4070ti Ventus 12GB
Corsair RM850x
Asus Tuf Gaming B650-PLUS

z3Vy1oS.png
Lud9kBM.png
9sCWTgp.png

Mar 29, 2024
Okay so I noticed something odd in hwinfo64 which is that my mobos +12v rail sits anywhere between 11.980v to 12.076v and similar trend with other voltages such as the +5v goes to 5.020v.

So what prompted me to dig around was the fact that on clean boot / shutdowns sometimes windows generates error ID 41's (dirty shutdown) in event viewer and I couldn't exactly figure out what would cause it besides fast startup or potentially some bios setting I haven't looked at in regards to boot? Anyway I disabled fast startup just now within windows power settings and I'm seeing if the error happens again. But then obviously the second thing I thought of were the voltages etc which brought me here, I have no clue if the values dipping slightly like they are is within reason or not or if I should worry of it.

System specs:

R5 7600X
Kingston Fury Beast (2x16) 32GB DDR5 5600mhz
Msi RTX 4070ti Ventus 12GB
Corsair RM850x
Asus Tuf Gaming B650-PLUS

z3Vy1oS.png
Lud9kBM.png
9sCWTgp.png
for Msi RTX 4070ti Ventus 12GB it's recommanded and atx 3.0 psu for stable performance anything below that could get some wierd stuff happening, but you voltages looks ok ( in range) so maybe there is another issue happening, try occt it and see where is the problem https://www.ocbase.com/download and check the power connectors on motherboard / gpu / psu are full plugged in.

Mar 21, 2024
for Msi RTX 4070ti Ventus 12GB it's recommanded and atx 3.0 psu for stable performance anything below that could get some wierd stuff happening, but you voltages looks ok ( in range) so maybe there is another issue happening, try occt it and see where is the problem https://www.ocbase.com/download and check the power connectors on motherboard / gpu / psu are full plugged in.
What are the specific reasons for atx 3.0? From what I can recall it's mostly about power effiency but I don't know much past that. Also ran the system through 30 mins of cinebench and timespy extreme on 3dmark and passed without crashes etc. All power connectors are secured.

Mar 29, 2024
What are the specific reasons for atx 3.0? From what I can recall it's mostly about power effiency but I don't know much past that. Also ran the system through 30 mins of cinebench and timespy extreme on 3dmark and passed without crashes etc. All power connectors are secured.
they are mostly use for 600w power line delivery made for rtx 40 gen with that specs in mind, atx 3.0 they have a special connector for 600w power delivery used in 40 gen.

Mar 29, 2024
you should try occt, it sure hits hard on your psu to check the power delivery issue and crashes on power side.

Mar 21, 2024
it should be ok 10 minutes i think from my experience i've crashed in 2 minute a faulty psu of a friend with he's gpu power hungry :)
Alright the gpu was pulling 272w on average I'm assuming that's normal during max load? I've heard of instances of some users for it going above 300 but that would probably not be good given that it's stock rated for 285 if I recall correctly.

Mar 29, 2024
Alright the gpu was pulling 272w on average I'm assuming that's normal during max load? I've heard of instances of some users for it going above 300 but that would probably not be good given that it's stock rated for 285 if I recall correctly.
it's ok as long as your gpu and your gpu temperature is ok and system is stable and no artefacts or crashing, if you have a battery with you pc plugged in you should check that one

Mar 21, 2024
it's ok as long as your gpu and your gpu temperature is ok and system is stable and no artefacts or crashing, if you have a battery with you pc plugged in you should check that one
during max stress the cpu was 95c as expected zen 4 designed to run as such, gpu 81c max load.

What do you mean by battery? UPS or something?

Mar 29, 2024
during max stress the cpu was 95c as expected zen 4 designed to run as such, gpu 81c max load.

What do you mean by battery? UPS or something?
yes ups, yes amd could get a little " hot " , just an ideea

How to use Event ID 41 when you troubleshoot an unexpected shutdown or restart​

By itself, Event ID 41 might not contain sufficient information to explicitly define what occurred. Typically, you've to also consider what was occurring at the time of the unexpected shutdown (for example, the power supply failed). Use the information in this article to identify a troubleshooting approach that is appropriate for your circumstances:

• Scenario 1: The computer restarts because of a Stop error, and Event ID 41 contains a Stop error (bug check) code
  • Scenario 2: The computer restarts because you pressed and held the power button
  • Scenario 3: The computer is unresponsive or randomly restarts, and Event ID 41 isn't logged or the Event ID 41 entry lists error code values of zero
by microsoft https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/performance/event-id-41-restart