Power?

G

I need to get a new case and power supply. The computer im building has:
duron 700 with Asus a7v ( not going to OC)
64mb pc100 sdram
8.4 gig hd (upgraded soon to about 30)
56k modem
50x cdrom
Vodoo 2 1000 3d card
2 usb ports

What size case should i buy. I think im going to get a midtower, with 250 watt power supply. Is there any partiular brand i should buy for my mother board?(atx) or cpu? im kinda tight on money too.

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Aopen, Inwin, SuperPower. There should be something in your price range. I LOVE my Aopen H08. Check to make sure the power supply is Athlon approved at AMD web-site. You might want to splurge on 128k of memory. I noticed that I tend to use more than my share. You will need 256k for any heavy HTML programming. You will smile when you lite it up. Good luck.

smn198

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Try and get a case which allows the motherboadrs backing plate to be slid out and thumb screws. This will make installation and any upgrades easier. Also go for an AMD recomentded power supply (list available on AMD web site). Why are you going for the A7V. It's a good board but there are cheaper ones out there and the money could be spent towards more and/or PC133 ram.

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Take a good look at the InWins. Those cases are quite good.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://zidane222.cjb.net" target="_new">http://zidane222.cjb.net</A></b>

G

Definitely get a case that is AMD approved. I'd suggest spending a few extra bucks to get a 300W power supply as this is recommended for the faster athlon proccessors. If you plan on upgrading in the future, the headroom will be welcomed. Good Luck!

soup20000

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"You will need 256k for any heavy HTML programming." - LOL! Thats some funny [-peep-]. HTML lol, I can do HTML (text) in notepad all day long on my 486DX33 w/16mb in win95. wow, please tell me how you think you need power for HTML? Now for C++ I use MS Visual C++ and I use alot of CPU/Memory... but in no way do I need the power for HTML.
soup.

AMD for Life!