Question Powercolor Fighter RX 6600 XT Fan Replacement

Fremy

Reputable
Jul 3, 2020
Well, I removed the fan, checked for dust or smt else. The fan was placed a bit higher than the other one and I can apply pressure on it but when i stop it just pops back.

If I spin the healthy fan, it spins for a longer time than the faulty one. If I spin the faulty one it just stops after 1 sec. If I apply pressure it spins well. So I thought there's a problem with the bearing and wanted to change it.

I'm sure you should be able to find replacements, but that listing shows that it's 0.57 amps which leads me to believe it may not be the right fan. Ideally you'd match the model number, that isn't always possible, but usually amperage is going to be the same (or at least close).

Reactions: Fremy

Fremy

Reputable
Jul 3, 2020
I'm sure you should be able to find replacements, but that listing shows that it's 0.57 amps which leads me to believe it may not be the right fan. Ideally you'd match the model number, that isn't always possible, but usually amperage is going to be the same (or at least close).
The thing is I watched a video on Youtube, a guy replaced his fans and his card came with 0.50 amps fans unlike mine. They were Everflow T129215BU. 12V and 0.50 AMP.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I echo the comment made above about contacting the manufacturer. If you are the original owner and still have purchase information you may well be able to send this in for repair under warranty. I would advise not touching the card towards disassembly until you have checked that route.

Latest posts