PowerColor Launches the Radeon HD 7730 1GB GDDR5 GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

fudoka711

Distinguished
Just to nitpick (because I've been waiting anxiously for the 7730 to actually be available and am getting impatient), PowerColor hasn't actually launched it. They've only announced it. No one has actually launched it in the states. A launch implies you can go buy it -_-

anything4this

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
"Just to nitpick (because I've been waiting anxiously for the 7730" Why didn't you just get the 7750 like normal people would have done? (possibly within its price range, more or less 25$ more)

The HD7730 is the direct successor to the HD6670 in both DDR3 and DDR5 versions. Looking at a lot of APU motherboard vedor BIOS updates the all refer to a update pertaining to updated graphics support, these BIOS's allow certain FM2 boards to utilize the GCN based HD7750 in Dual Graphics and it does work, I wonder and am tempted to buy one of these cards to test out if that priciple works with these cards. Makes sense to as it has a noticable gain over the outgoing Turks cards.

Cataclysm_ZA

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
From what I've been told by sources, this is effectively a cut-down HD7790 and it'll be cheaper to make for AMD than the current HD6670. Its going to be more suited to Kaveri than the current Trinity and Richland chips, considering that dual graphics mode with the HD7750 doesn't work all that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.