Question PowerColor RX 570 Not Displaying On Lenovo K330B Desktop

LeGaCyGiAnT124

Honorable
Nov 11, 2014
Hey guys,

I am currently having an issue with building my brother in law's "gaming" computer for him. I recently bought a new/open box PowerColor RX 570 4GB card and actually got it delivered this morning. Take a step back, and this is actually the 2nd GPU I bought for his computer. The first GPU I bought used on Ebay, and ended up returning it. The reason for returning it was it didn't work out of the box due to it having a mining BIOS installed, and I didn't want to deal with that kind of GPU that was used previously for mining so I returned it. With that GPU (the Ebay Gigabyte RX 570 4GB) I was ABLE to get a display, but it would show an error in the Device Manager and I wasn't able to install drivers for it. Flash forward, and this new/open box GPU I am not even able to get a display on the monitor at all... no BIOS screen, no nothing. The fans on the GPU do spin. I ended up taking out my RTX 2070 in my personal computer to try this card and sure enough, it worked. For what it's worth, these are the specs of the computer it's not working on.

Lenovo K330B
8GB DDR3 RAM
240GB SSD
i5-2400 LGA 1155 3.1Ghz CPU
500W AresGame 80Plus Power Supply

These are the things I tried:

-Reinstalling Windows 10 to possibly clear out old drivers from the old GPU
-Deactivated the Intel HD graphics from Device Manager
-Looked in the BIOS to see if there is a video setting (the only setting is enable/disable multiple displays/ neither setting makes a difference in my case)
-Inspected the PCI Express X16 port to see if there is any damage, and I don't see any.
-Tried using both a DP and HDMI cable.
-Tried installing drivers, but I can't do so because the hardware isn't detected.

Something else to add, when I plug an HDMI cable into the onboard graphics (built in HDMI port to the motherboard) I only get a display whenever the 8pin power plug from the power supply in UNPLUGGED. If it's plugged in, it doesn't show a display either (whether the HDMI cable is plugged into the graphic card HDMI port on the onboard port).

Hoping someone has some advice! Please and thank you.

Like I said, this is mind boggling. I had a "working" GPU in this same computer less than a week ago and was able to get a display, but with this one I am unable to.

LeGaCyGiAnT124

Honorable
Nov 11, 2014
I could try that I suppose. I compared the back of both GPU boxes though and they claim they require a minimum of 450W power supplies. I will have to spend some time after work and try it. Worth a shot.

LeGaCyGiAnT124

Honorable
Nov 11, 2014
I tried taking out the 850W from my personal gaming rig and put it in there... same issue. The power supply does not seem to be the issue. I am at a loss here. Done messing with it for one day. Wasted 3-4 hours today with it :(

LeGaCyGiAnT124

Honorable
Nov 11, 2014
Like I said, the GPU works fine on my gaming rig, I am just wondering if something is wrong on the mobo or something. I even went as far as taking the SSD out of my brother in law's computer, putting it in mine, re-installing windows again, and installing the correct drivers for the GPU... still nothing!!! I think I am just going to have to bite the bullet and either like you said A) Return again the GPU or B) Get a completely different Lenovo or Dell Optiplex (something with a 1155 Intel socket). This is crazy.