News PowerColor Teases Red Devil Radeon RX 6800 XT Board

Kridian

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2005
Oh man. I'd hate to be one of those PowerColor (or any OEM) designer that has to go into work everyday and, "Make this rectangle prettier!"

I'd slit my wrist in the first week.

McGaz

Prominent
Feb 15, 2019
So, what's the general situation with AMD aftermarket cards? I haven't followed them for some time.

Is it usually just cooling performance, or noticeable boosts to FPS? Do they tend to release at about the same time as the AMD cards?

Thanks.

Jun 20, 2020
PowerColor, one of AMD's most loyal allies, this week teased its upcoming Red Devil add-in-board (AIBs) powered by the new Navi 21 GPU.

PowerColor Teases Red Devil Radeon RX 6800 XT Board : Read more
AMD aib cards can be much more powerful. A Sapphire Nitro + 5700xt is almost as powerful as a 2080, and super quiet. So the premium cards get huge performance and cooling benefits. Sapphire is best followed by powercolor than the rest about the same. Imo gigabyte is the worst.

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
AMD aib cards can be much more powerful. A Sapphire Nitro + 5700xt is almost as powerful as a 2080, and super quiet. So the premium cards get huge performance and cooling benefits. Sapphire is best followed by powercolor than the rest about the same. Imo gigabyte is the worst.

REd devil cards are good performance-wise.
but for warranty and support, the best company is hands down XFX.
it's also the only company selling AMD GPUs that would still acept an RMA even if you tampered with the original cooler ( to repaste) or to install a waterblock for exemple.