Powered on newly built PC, orange light on Z370-E motherboard and nothing is powering on, help?

Aug 8, 2018
I've installed my parts and connected my pc to a monitor but when I powered on nothing is happening. Nothing comes up on the monitor, no fans running, etc. I've waited with it on for about a minute with nothing happening.

I'm not really sure what the typical things to check are if this happens... Nothing in my manual that gives me troubleshooting advice. None of the cables/wires are touching the motherboard from the front or back.

Picture: https://imgur.com/gallery/GWGmPrO

That Orange light is just the Power LED, it's just telling you the motherboard is getting power from the PSU. What do the 4 small POST State LED's, just above the Orange light, show when you boot the computer?

* BOOT (GREEN)
* VGA (WHITE)
* DRAM (YELLOW)
* CPU (RED)

Aug 8, 2018

I took another look at the motherboard after turning it on and none of the 4 small lights above the POWER_LED light are lighting up at all. In the picture provided in my question, no lights are shining either.

What is your power supply? Have you double checked all the power connections to the motherboard? Have you checked the CPU socket for any bent pins?