Kredans

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015
My specs are

Nvidia Gtx 780 ti (average temp: 75celcius) In game
Intel i7 4770 (averge temp: 75celcius) in game
Asrock z87 extreme6 mobo
750w power supply

I can't for figure out why I'm lagging, such as in Vanilla skyrim I get a low fps of 40 when I should obviously be getting a stable 60fps. Even on ultra modded skyrim I get the same fps. Other games have less that 60 fps as well. I've tried trouble shooting and I notice that my Gpu clock fluctuates between the base clock and boost clock which I suspected was causing lag. I also suspect I may be overheating somewhere causing a bottleneck. Or maybe I need to reinstall my drivers. Anyone with a similar setup or problem/solution, please share:)

Finkledbody

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
You're likely hitting a thermal wall if your average temps are 75c.

Try cleaning your case out with a tooth/paint brush and some compressed air. Take your time and get all the fins on each fan. Brush all the circuit boards with the toothbrush and blow on them with compressed air. If you really want to do a good job, remove the fans from each component and use the Bristol's to get any dust out from the heatsinks.

Kredans

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015
Thanks for the replies!

I've tried your suggestions but no luck. I put my gpu into another slot and cleaned the dust but there doesn't seem to be a noticeable improvement. I'm going to order a CPU cooler as I only have the stock cooler still. Those temperature are in game so maybe it'll help, if heat is the issue here. I can control my GPU fan to get a 60 degree temperature as well so that't not a problem.

Any other suggestions though?