powering down when playing!

Yungcompnoob666

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
fresh pc and im powering off during games, complete and utter shut down.
gpu - rx 470
cpu - amd 8320
14gb ram
1tb hhd
600 w power supply
asus ma97 mobo

thanks in advanced to anyone who replys please help a brother out

ps. im also losing signal to my gpu with my hdmi i dont know if this helps out but sometimes when im chilling wathcing videos it will lose signal and i have to restart my pc, thanks!

Solution
try another psu helps yes, the ram, if all those ram sticks are the same speed, it should be of but i personally only use big size modules, a 2 gb ram module is not ideal this days, i would replace it for another 4 gb module but that is just my opinion

in this case the psu can be a real problem so a test with a new one, borrowed from another pc helps

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
what brand is the psu?

any overclocking on the fx cpu?

14 gbs of ram? how do you mixed modules to get that number? 1x8, 1x4 and 1x2gbs?

this mainboard?

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97_R20/specifications/

about videos, have you tried with another hdmi cable?

another monitor?

Yungcompnoob666

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

yes im mixxing my ram, 3x 4gb and 1x 2gb
and yes thats my board
yes i have tried other cables. a friend says i dont have enough power. do you think thats the problem as well. i have a shitty psu tbh its only 30 bucks

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
a bad psu can make the video card work this way and cause those problems, if it is a no brand psu, time to replace it

about your mixed ram, the 3 4gb modules, are the same or one with one speed, theo ther from another brand with other speed and so on

i would recomend you to put only the ones with same model and speed, usually this menas remve the 2 gb one that surely is ddr3 1333 or slower

fast ram is better than lots of slow ram

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
try another psu helps yes, the ram, if all those ram sticks are the same speed, it should be of but i personally only use big size modules, a 2 gb ram module is not ideal this days, i would replace it for another 4 gb module but that is just my opinion

in this case the psu can be a real problem so a test with a new one, borrowed from another pc helps

Solution

Yungcompnoob666

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

I tried my old psu and it works just fine its also a 600 wat. but i still run into trouble when the screen goes black sometimes, i think its because my houses wiring so nothing i can do about that for now, thanks man.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED