Powerline Adapter not connecting at one specific outlet

Bast

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
I bought a powerline adapter kit to use with my desktop upstairs. All outlets in my house I can get a connection with (testing with my laptop).

Except the one outlet I need it to work with.

There was no connection signal from the wireless adapter when using the outlet in reach of my desktop. It didn't work with my laptop. All other outlets in the room work.

I have the adapter plugged directly into the wall. I also have a power strip plugged into the wall with it but tested it with the strip unplugged and still no signal.

Why would one outlet not work? Any solutions to this problem? Thanks.

kanewolf

Titan
Miswired outlet? Polarity backwards. Have you checked the outlet with one of the three-light-polarity testers?
how-to-check-electrical-receptacle-polarity-2.jpg

Bast

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
I have not, very interesting thought though. my three prong power strip plugged into the outlet works fine, and I do get power to the adapter itself, just not a connection to its mate connected to the router downstairs. so while it might be receiving electrical power, could reversed polarities still cause the disconnection?

kanewolf

Titan

I don't know that for a fact, but it is the only thing that I could think of that would be localized to a specific outlet.