Question powerline adapters issue

Kyroix 74

Commendable
Jul 24, 2020
So today, when i booted up my computer i had no internet. i use 2 powerline adapters, one into my router and one into my PC.

there are three LEDs on the powerline adapter. on the one connecting to the router, all 3 LEDs were on, however on the one connecting to my pc, the middle one (which is the powerline one) wasn’t lit up. And because of this, i was getting no internet. I’ve tried multiple solutions such as commands in command prompt and update and reset of network drivers but nothing will work.

I presume it’s a problem to do with the connection to the router itself, and the pairing between the two adapters but i don’t know.

Just need some help on this please, thanks.

You are correct that means they are not paired.

I would put in in the same room and see if it will pair there. It could be that it somehow got the encryption key changed and now it does not know to connect to the other device.

If it work in the same room but not another than it is something strange with the electrical wires. The older powerline boxes had much more issues than the newer technology but there are houses that they refuse to work in.

Kyroix 74

Commendable
Jul 24, 2020
You are correct that means they are not paired.

I would put in in the same room and see if it will pair there. It could be that it somehow got the encryption key changed and now it does not know to connect to the other device.

If it work in the same room but not another than it is something strange with the electrical wires. The older powerline boxes had much more issues than the newer technology but there are houses that they refuse to work in.
Ok.

But doesn’t the middle top led mean the pair? I thought the green led on the top was the successful pair between the two.

Also, why is it that the one connecting to the router has all LEDs lit up , looking perfectly working but the one that’s connected to my pc doesn’t have the middle one lit up whereas the other one does?

I guess I should have asked what the brand is. Almost all the ones I have seen have 3 LEDs in order. Power, pair/network, ethernet.

Pretty much the only conditions you will see where one of the leds is off is it is not paired or it does not have anything plugged into the ethernet port.

Kyroix 74

Commendable
Jul 24, 2020
I guess I should have asked what the brand is. Almost all the ones I have seen have 3 LEDs in order. Power, pair/network, ethernet.

Pretty much the only conditions you will see where one of the leds is off is it is not paired or it does not have anything plugged into the ethernet port.
It’s A TP Link one and i think, but not sure, it’s the AV600. I think the top button is the pair, middle is the connection to the router and the bottom one is the ethernet cable being connected to the device

So this says it can be in power save mode but you would think it would come on when you tried to use it.

In the end the process is going to be the same. I would take the remote powerline unit into the room with the router and see if it works there. If not reset the remote unit and re pair it with the main unit. You should be able to move it back to the remote room. Now there is the rare chance something is interfering with the
signal in the remote room. It tends to be something with a motor but you would have to turn off or unplug things until you find it.

Kyroix 74

Commendable
Jul 24, 2020

So this says it can be in power save mode but you would think it would come on when you tried to use it.

In the end the process is going to be the same. I would take the remote powerline unit into the room with the router and see if it works there. If not reset the remote unit and re pair it with the main unit. You should be able to move it back to the remote room. Now there is the rare chance something is interfering with the
signal in the remote room. It tends to be something with a motor but you would have to turn off or unplug things until you find it.
Okay. I’ll try to use it in the same room as the router and see if it works. And i’ll try figuring out and unplugging things to see if anything changes or fixes it. If i need to reset them how do i?

Kyroix 74

Commendable
Jul 24, 2020
There is either a reset button or you hold the pair button down for a longer period of time. Maybe just push the pair button quickly on both units and see if you get lucky and it reconnects without moving the unit.
Isn’t there a software that you can download to reset tp link powerline adapters?