Powerline adapters suddenly slow internet speeds

SmexyGaming

Commendable
May 2, 2016
Hey guys internet problem here my powerline adapters suddenly started providing me with 1/4 of the speeds that the isp is advertising. I've been running these adapters for 2 years in the same spot with no issues and good speeds. Tried resseting them no result. Any idea as to what is going on? Maybe I should try different sockets, cables and maybe just switch the adapters off from the wall for a while. What do you think?

kanewolf

Titan
There may be a new device plugged into the powerlines that is generating noise. You will have to search for things like wall-wart transformers or other things that could have been added as a plug-in device that could be interfering with your powerline network devices.

SmexyGaming

Commendable
May 2, 2016
I plugged 1 adapter 6 feet away with no result. Then I swapped out the socket of of the other powerline adapted which is next to the router and I noticed a decrease in ping, download speeds were almost half instead of 1/4 and upload was almost as advertised. So it's for sure a problem with the space of the powerline adapter next to the router. But here's the problem I only have 2 sockets to plug in the powerline adapter next to the router and also I don't recall recently adding any new devices in that area

Aug 14, 2018
I had the same thing happen, transfer speeds dropped from 30mbps to 4mbps on a setup that worked for years. Turned out to be the new Nintendo Switch I had plugged in to the same circuit one end of the network was on, unplugged it and instantly restored performance, plugged it back in and it tanked again. Don't know if it is a faulty adapter or if they are all 'noisy'. Any new appliances or electronics, try unplugging and reruning a speed test.