Powerline adpaters not working

fatsoh

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
I just got some powerline adapters and I can't get them to work.

I have one plugged into the router downstairs and the other plugged into my computer upstairs.

I feel like it's not detecting the one upstairs but when I plug in the cable, lights come on.

help?

Solution
Try an outlet in the same room as the router to begin with. If that works then the two places you are trying to connect the power line adapters are not electrically connected. The problem with power line adapters is a lot of houses are split between multiple circuits to decrease the load. Because those are not connected, if you place power line connectors in separate circuits, they will not be able to read each other.

gilbadon

Distinguished
Try an outlet in the same room as the router to begin with. If that works then the two places you are trying to connect the power line adapters are not electrically connected. The problem with power line adapters is a lot of houses are split between multiple circuits to decrease the load. Because those are not connected, if you place power line connectors in separate circuits, they will not be able to read each other.

Solution