Powerline dont work

nasiljubimci1

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
Hi, i have TPlink AV500.
But, every time i put this to work, i lose my ethernet on modem, and i lose wifi, lan cable with pc1, and nothing work. Can anyone help me?
I change two routhers, but this still dont work.
attachment.php

Solution
What make and model is your modem? If you are using wireless then the modem is most likely a modem/router.

Try the following:

1) Obtain a long Ethernet cord and use it to make a temporary wired connection between the modem/router and the PC.

2) Get the network up and running with just the modem and PC. Verify and make note of the working configuration settings.

3) Then set it up to get at least one wireless device working. Again verify and make note of the working configuration settings.

The idea is to eliminate network configuration errors of omission and commission. Start simple and work upwards until either all is working or until some problem is encountered.

For example: you still do not know if the electrical circuits...

Ralston18

Titan
Where in your network are you connecting the kit?

Are you, for example, going:

Modem ----> Ethernet cable ----->unit 1 (in wall outlet) < ==== electrical circuit====> (wall outlet) Unit 2 ---Ethernet cable ---->-[LAN]router

Normally the first unit is between the router [LAN port] and a wall outlet. The second unit is plugged into another wall outlet (on the same circuit) with an Ethernet cable going to the connected Ethernet device; computer, switch, printer, etc..

No power strips or extension cords - just the outlets.

Also check the User Guide/Manual. Sometimes it takes the units a few minutes to find each other and pair up if that is happening at all. The User Guide/Manual should explain the LED (lights) that show if connectivity is in place.

Follow the instructions very carefully. Make sure that the units are correctly installed.

And remember that if the electrical circuit is not good - the powerline adapters may not work.

Ralston18

Titan
What make and model is your modem? If you are using wireless then the modem is most likely a modem/router.

Try the following:

1) Obtain a long Ethernet cord and use it to make a temporary wired connection between the modem/router and the PC.

2) Get the network up and running with just the modem and PC. Verify and make note of the working configuration settings.

3) Then set it up to get at least one wireless device working. Again verify and make note of the working configuration settings.

The idea is to eliminate network configuration errors of omission and commission. Start simple and work upwards until either all is working or until some problem is encountered.

For example: you still do not know if the electrical circuits (outlet to outlet) are as they should be to use the powerline adapters.

The outlets should be on the same circuit.

Solution