powerlink stopped working..

Apr 15, 2018
I have been using trendnet's TPL 408E/2K for years without issue. Router is upstairs and I have three powerlinks: One upstairs to the router, another powering another computer in the same room, and 3rd powerlink downstairs plugged into my ps3. Again no issues for a few years.
Recently the powerlink downstairs stopped working. I get the power and ethernet LED on but no powerlink now. I have tried various things on the ps3, unplugged powerlink and replugged, tried a different outlet downstairs etc. When I use the sync button upstairs, LED flashes but when pressing the sync downstairs, it starts flashing as well instead of linking.

I have replaced the unit downstairs and moved it upstairs to the second computer and works fine:press the sync buttons are link established. Using the upstairs unit downstairs: still not link issue.

Interesting thing is that I can plug the unit into any outlet in the same area where the other two are link happens. When I move it down the hallway, cant get a link anymore.. Suggestions?

Solution
Look for interference sources. Transformers, wall chargers, dimmers, etc. They generate noise on the electrical wires and interfere with powerline networking.