[SOLVED] PPPoE loosing connection

theliltank4901

Honorable
Jun 9, 2015
I have a bell service so I have a username and password just bought a new router Asus ax56u. When I utilize my internet connection heavily my router disconnects then the router needs a reboot.
Homehub3000 connect to the wan port on the new router through a regular LAN port on the homehub. Disabled wifi and WPS on the homehub added the two mac address of the new router as allowed on the homehub.
Tried disabling many services on the Asus router and then turning them back to see if I loose internet connection
Asus router is using pppoe from the homehub I'm about ready to buy another better router or something
Idk what to do next.

Solution
Normally when you are using pppoe you are running the homehub thing as a modem. Not sure what wifi would do on that device running as a modem.

In any case if you want to see if the problem really is the router you should be able to directly connect your PC to the homehub. You can configure PPPoE as a internet connection in your PC. It is not a common method but it does work. It would show you if it was the router causing the problem.

Maybe run the homehub as a router and if you are using the second router for the wifi just run it as a AP.
Normally when you are using pppoe you are running the homehub thing as a modem. Not sure what wifi would do on that device running as a modem.

In any case if you want to see if the problem really is the router you should be able to directly connect your PC to the homehub. You can configure PPPoE as a internet connection in your PC. It is not a common method but it does work. It would show you if it was the router causing the problem.

Maybe run the homehub as a router and if you are using the second router for the wifi just run it as a AP.

Reactions: SamirD
Solution

theliltank4901

Honorable
Jun 9, 2015

It works as an ap thanks