Practicality of Upgrading Refurbished Desktop

tangledupinblue16

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
How practical is the following scenario for playing games at normal settings.
Buying a computer similar to this one: HP ProDesk 600 G2 - SFF - Core i5 6500 3.2 GHz - 8 GB - 500 GB, and pairing it with a GTX 760. The graphics card is free, and the computer would be between $300-$350.
I understand that I'd probably have to upgrade the PSU, as well as add more RAM if the model I selected had less than 8 GB.
Would be fine with playing games at 1080, or even graphically intense games at 720. I definitely understand that I'd get nowhere near top performance. Not really a gamer, just looking for a way to stay in touch/play with a few pc gamer friends of mine now that we've all moved away.

Solution
You will need a new case to fit a decent PSU and likely just to fit the GPU in, you may find (like my brother did with a dell SFF years ago) that thing like the power button connectors are non standard and you have to do some mods. At the $300-350 when your only keeping the CPU, board & drives you should look at what you can buy/afford without it.
You will need a new case to fit a decent PSU and likely just to fit the GPU in, you may find (like my brother did with a dell SFF years ago) that thing like the power button connectors are non standard and you have to do some mods. At the $300-350 when your only keeping the CPU, board & drives you should look at what you can buy/afford without it.

Solution