Pre Beta - Time Bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

daskrabbe

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
NOOOOO!!!!!

I've already hooked up my pacemaker and my nuclear power plant to my laptop running the pre-beta of windows 7.

Damn you microsoft!

As pointed out, actual Beta testers already know this stuff. And more importantly, will simply reach out and grab the latest build. Something they would do as a matter of course. So you're absolutely right, people *shouldn't* be worried about a time bomb that exists in a pre-beta release illegally obtained through torrents.

But somewhere... somehow... somebody... is going to turn "Oh well, my toy doesn't work any more" into a diatribe on "The Endless Ways MSFT Screw People" :lol: :lol: :lol: And the really sad part is there exist other individuals who will take the already deeply flawed pretext, twist it beyond all recognition, and run with it like it's God's Own Truth.

jagnet

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2007
And it will be interesting to see if this is true or not... seeing as beta vista keys work to activate build 6801 at least and after applying one of these keys the expiration date actually changes to August 2009... We'll have to wait and see I guess.

-Jagnet

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
OR, you could hop in your DeLorean, key in january 2009 and accelerate to 88mph, then go check your pc when your other you is taking a shiznat.

One is like 300% times more amusing.

Take your pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.