[SOLVED] Pre build PC

Jul 4, 2020
Hi guys, me and two friends are looking to build a PC. This PC will only work as a server to another three computers and will not run any programs.This is the configuration we chose:

- Intel Core i5-9400 Coffee Lake (LGA1151v2, Six-Core, 2.9/4.1GHz, UHD 630)
-Asus PRIME H310M-E R2.0 motherboard
-Western Digital SSD 240 gb
-Western Digital HDD 2TB
-EVGA 600W 80 Plus power source
-RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (DDR4, 2666MHz, UDIMM (x2)

We can't spend more money on more expensive parts, sadly.

Is it a good configuration?

Solution
We are a group of dentists who are using a software called Nemotec, that has orthodontic and surgery planning modules.

The server needs to have the program installed but it will never open or work with the software, it just needs to stay on so we can access the information about patients and work from our personal computers that are part of the network.

Going by that software requirements it will be fine, keep in mind you need a Windows license also, so you may want to look at some used business towers instead that already have a license; and maybe stick a solid state drive into that and do a clean Windows setup. Also get a backup drive for files and to keep an image of the computer setup when it's complete. You will likely...
You said its a server, but, what kind of server?
servers can do lots of stuff.

will it be just a storage nas? if so, thats a pretty good computer, optionally you can get an old dell optiplex with a 3rd gen i7 or similar for much cheaper, and while with much less performance, it should still be enough for a hard drive nas not running anything more than a basic hdd with no array, and will probably do the job for any array you would probably use as a home user.

if its another type or server, what will it do?

Jul 4, 2020
We are a group of dentists who are using a software called Nemotec, that has orthodontic and surgery planning modules.

The server needs to have the program installed but it will never open or work with the software, it just needs to stay on so we can access the information about patients and work from our personal computers that are part of the network.

Jul 4, 2020

And sorry, i'm a beginner in this but is the motherboard we chose compatible with intel 9 generation? The specifications said so but I still have doubts

Going by that software requirements it will be fine, keep in mind you need a Windows license also, so you may want to look at some used business towers instead that already have a license; and maybe stick a solid state drive into that and do a clean Windows setup. Also get a backup drive for files and to keep an image of the computer setup when it's complete. You will likely spend about half of the cost of a new system if you buy a used one with a 6th gen CPU or something similar and that should be plenty to run as a sever for that program.

Solution