Pre-Order ASUS EeeKeyboard for $599

Status
Not open for further replies.

macer1

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
this was a great idea over a year ago when they were teasing us with it. Now its underpowered and overpriced, can it even do 720p ?

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I think the price is justified. Underpowered for sure, but it's basically a 3-part HTPC in one. Tack on a wireless keyboard and mouse to a nettop PC and you get approximately the same price. Consider the difference to be a convenience cost for having it all in one device.

As long as it's not your main computer, this could be very useful for browsing the web or streaming videos from your couch.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
This would be perfect for Kiosks (merchandising displays and internet cafes).

That's a bit steep in the the price, but I suppose you're paying for the convenience of an all in one unit.

Let's see it in action.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]Why didn't they call it "Keeeyboard"?Seems nice, similar specs to the netbooks, apart from screen size and SSD. Price is not very well justified though.[/citation]
Continuing that thought...why didn't they call it a K3yboard?

sstym

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
It's ok for a product to be one year late, but they should not have kept their initial specs and upgraded to an N450 atom and Windows 7 Starter. Just a thought.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
[citation][nom]serkol[/nom]iPad has a MUCH larger capacitive touchscreen. How come it's cheaper?![/citation]

It doesn't have a UWB reciever or transmitter for that matter, not sure how much one of these costs, but to get a laptop with UWB enabled expect to pay a high premium.

Element0f0ne

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007
What is this for? I feel like I should be paid $599 to use it. Get a real desktop or get a real netbook. I don't see the point of this. Nothing negative, I just don't get it. >_>

I'll give them credit for form factor; however, if you are only going to use the touchscreen and not hook this up to an external monitor.. the location is not ideal. If you are, the touchscreen is in a good location.

My only grief is that for the purpose I just mentioned you might as well just have a netbook or low-end laptop.

daship

Distinguished
Worse fail the ipad. Why are so many company's trying to force such low end tech on unsuspecting customers.

Your average consumer is going to attempt basic video editing at one time or another, and its not gonna work on this junk they keep on making.

The keyboard is cool, but not $600 cool.

G

1- overpriced by $100
2- I had hoped that by now they had equipped the device with the N450 instead of the N270.
3- I had hoped they could stuff at least 2GB of DDR2 memory in there. 2GB is quite the norm now, especially so with Windows 7!

Status
Not open for further replies.