Not open for further replies.

shahrooz

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009

yes there is, I cant play it on my pc yet :pfff:

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
OUYA just died...ROFL. So now we have shield for on the go gaming (vs. Vita/3DS) and MOJO for house gaming (vs. Xbox1/ps4/360/ps3). Now all we need is the real deal to land, with a box the size of xbox1 etc, a fan/heatsink on it and with 100w psu or so, so it can handle a jacked up core. Tegra4 at 3ghz or something should be doable under a regular heatsink and fan. They are fanless/no heatsink at 1.8-1.9 so sure surely you can get another ghz out of a proper cooler and a huge xbox sized box right? Throw 4 in a box at 3ghz each and let me know if it matches a jaguar :) They can't be more than $25 each (T3 sold for $21-23) which would put them about where AMD is likely charging for their chip.

Actually you would only need 2 quad a15s (close to jag if running 3ghz), then double down on the gpu side for both (144 cores each chip instead of T4's 72). Google should put this box out. Probably wouldn't cost more than a few million to double the gpus on each T4 (NV is experienced and slapping 2 chips on a card, sli etc). They should be able to price it around $300 since they don't need a dime on it and just want to sell more software, ads etc while stopping console sales. No bluray and no need for profit means you should be able to sell it under xbox1/ps4 easily. Mojo only covers a cheap entry, you need a highend box. I hope google doesn't just make another MOJO. We already have 1/2 dozen cheapo ones. Mojo, gamestick, gamepop, ouya, sheild etc. Someone needs to put out a 100watt box with an amped up soc to get closer to xbox1/ps4! Steamboxes are coming though, so maybe we're already covered, but I'd still like a top end android based box.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Android is a decent gaming platform, but last I knew a lot of the AAA games on there still don't have controller support. Smart to leave the Play Store and Tegrazone intact. the OUYA model just wasn't going to work.

The hardware is fine as it will play anything out there right now pretty easy.

This is the first one of these consoles that I actually like, except I think the price might be $50 too high. Full Play Store access means it makes a great streaming device for home theaters.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

With everyone aiming at gamepad games with their new boxes, this problem should be resolved soon. Everyone has a gamepad console coming. Heck Sony even announced PS4 pad works with PC's now. I see gamepad gaming coming along pretty good soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.