Prebuild Pc Upgrading

Nov 7, 2018
Hi, i bought a prebuilt Acer gx 781 for like over a half year ago. link https://www.hobbyhall.fi/aspire-gx-781-pelipoytakone-hh1005322.html ... Yeah and now im planning for a uppgrade next year the question is if i change my Mobo will i have to change my case? My friends say i need to cuz the cables wont fit. Thats the first question.

Also the computer has i5 7400, 1060 3gb, 500w psu,16gbs of ram 8 gb added myself.

If i change my mobo to ex a z370 and cpu to a i7 8700k, corsair h100 will i have to change my psu?

Solution
I think you will need to change them all aside from the graphics card, at the same time. Pretty much, a full on new build minus the drives and peripherals.

However, I found some additional information on that unit and it seems that MAYBE you don't have to go that far. I believe you can install any micro-ATX motherboard in that case as well as any ATX power supply as none of it looks to be proprietary. That means, if you want, you could probably keep the case. The power supply is supposed to be a Lite-ON PS-7501-S ATX power supply so any good ATX power supply and microATX motherboard should work in that case. Whether or not you can fit whichever graphics card you want is up to you.

No matter what you do, get rid of that power supply...
You will probably have to change both the case AND the power supply. I'm pretty sure that system has a proprietary motherboard and power supply that do not conform to standard ATX or microATX standards.

It's possible that it's not, but most of these prebuilt OEM systems are. Your best bet would be to check with Acer or the Acer forums for your specific model.

Nov 7, 2018

Yes I was planning this year to change mobo cpu psu and case if needed and later gpu just tryna ask some simple questions,

I think you will need to change them all aside from the graphics card, at the same time. Pretty much, a full on new build minus the drives and peripherals.

However, I found some additional information on that unit and it seems that MAYBE you don't have to go that far. I believe you can install any micro-ATX motherboard in that case as well as any ATX power supply as none of it looks to be proprietary. That means, if you want, you could probably keep the case. The power supply is supposed to be a Lite-ON PS-7501-S ATX power supply so any good ATX power supply and microATX motherboard should work in that case. Whether or not you can fit whichever graphics card you want is up to you.

No matter what you do, get rid of that power supply. It's extremely poor quality garbage.

Solution