[SOLVED] Prebuilt mistake HP pavilion 570-Po23w

CrazyDrPepper

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 2, 2020
I made the awful mistake of 2018 buying a lousy pre built I am concerned on what video card will work with the 180 watt psu I am aware the wattage isn't good but anything that will work with this system? Intel i57400 8gigs 1tb something the board is the lubin brand

Mod Edit for Language

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
St 180 watts I wouldn't really recommend any card, at least nothing worth buying. It looks like your computer uses a standard ATX power supply, but Im not sure if it uses standard ATX and CPU power connectors. So you could look into replacing the PSU but be sure to see if youll need any adapters for a new PSU.
St 180 watts I wouldn't really recommend any card, at least nothing worth buying. It looks like your computer uses a standard ATX power supply, but Im not sure if it uses standard ATX and CPU power connectors. So you could look into replacing the PSU but be sure to see if youll need any adapters for a new PSU.

Solution
Can I use any psu and video card or what would you recommend?

As far as any PSU, physcially yes it will fit, but the connectors to the motherboard may require an adapter. Alot of OEM motherboards use non standard power connectors. You will have to check that out for yrouself.

As far as what PSU I would recommend that depends on what graphics card you go with. Any decent 450 watt PSU would run something like a GTX1060, RX570, RX89, GTX1650 Super, 1660 Super no problem and those all would match your CPU quite well.

Here is a guide for PSUs. For a mid range system I would stick to Tier B, maybe C but no lower.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/psu-tier-list-psucultists.3624094/

CrazyDrPepper

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 2, 2020
As far as any PSU, physcially yes it will fit, but the connectors to the motherboard may require an adapter. Alot of OEM motherboards use non standard power connectors. You will have to check that out for yrouself.

As far as what PSU I would recommend that depends on what graphics card you go with. Any decent 450 watt PSU would run something like a GTX1060, RX570, RX89, GTX1650 Super, 1660 Super no problem and those all would match your CPU quite well.

Here is a guide for PSUs. For a mid range system I would stick to Tier B, maybe C but no lower.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/psu-tier-list-psucultists.3624094/
What is crazy I was looking at building one and it has that same card