[SOLVED] Premier Pro Rendering issues on high end PC after Windows 10 update

RadB13

Honorable
Nov 30, 2016
Hello everyone

As the title says, I am having an issue with rendering on Premier Pro. Before an update or two, I used to edit videos for my youtube channel, 10, 20, 30min in length, or even shorter 1-2 minutes ones. I remember being impressed with the render times, especially the 1-2 minutes videos, they would just render in a couple second it seemed like. But after a couple of windows update, my render time for a full hd video, from a stream of mine on twitch, 1 minutes long - would take up 2, 3 or even 4 minutes. I tried using both Hardware and software encoding, I am using the same bitrates and settings as I have used from my previous exports - same. I reinstalled windows. Everything fresh, Windows now is build 1809 (was 2004 + i think) after the update, i have updated all my drivers and whatnot. Render times are SLIGHTLY, better, but nowhere near what I expect. Is there anyone here who can help me troubleshoot this issue?
My PC specs are:
5900x Ryzen, boosts up the 4775 in games as far as I have seen (Ryzen Master says that control mode is PBO, with maximum clock speed of 4.900GHz, although I have literally never seen it go that high, voltage is at 1.375 or lower depending on tasks)
Noctua cromax black DH15
32GB Vengeance all clocked @ 3200 (D O C P Profile enabled in BIOS)
RTX 3080 Evga FTW3 Ultra
850W Cougar PSU
x470 Prime ASUS motherboard

As I have said, I am currently with a fresh version of Windows 10 Pro, build 1809.
In task manager, CPU shows to be going up to 4.5GHz or so with around 30% utilization, and around 8% GPU utilization while using a software encoder. Numbers are literally flipped when using the Hardware encoder, with render times being slightly better (2min full hd no effects video took 4:30min to render on software, while on hardware it took 2 minutes less than that.

How long should a 10 minutes full hd video take that has no effects on it? Literally, I have just cut the video. I was thinking of undertaking more high quality projects, where i would play with colours, effects and so on, does that mean I should expect rendering a 10min video for like 10 hours? I am kind of going crazy over hear, i poured so much money into this PC just so It can handle whatever I throw at it, and it seems all of a sudden after a windows update I was forced into.. it's just underperforming. My gaming performance does not seem to have taken a hit, it seems.

If someone has a couple of minutes to hold my hand through this, I would greatly appreciate it, any insight or advice is appreciated
If I have missed any info that could have been helpful, please let me know

Have a good day guys , thanks in advance:]

Solution
I have an issue where SIMPLY STARTING OBS is causing massive stutter in games. I just don't get it.
Default for simply starting OBS is that it starts in a preview mode where it does all the work but doesn't save the video, if it does all the work on the CPU cores it makes sense.
Are you sure this happened after a windows update? Maybe a nvidia update screwed up hardware acceleration for you?
Are you sure you use the same settings as before in premiere?
As a last resort I would try disabling PBO and only use PB, PBO is increasing vcore by a lot and could be causing some issues.

RadB13

Honorable
Nov 30, 2016
System performance is perfectly fine.
More demanding specs?

Premier Pro and Windows are on my SSD, which is Crucial 500GB, and i also have a 1TB HDD
This computer started giving me headaches though, besides that now I have an issue where SIMPLY STARTING OBS is causing massive stutter in games. I just don't get it.

I have an issue where SIMPLY STARTING OBS is causing massive stutter in games. I just don't get it.
Default for simply starting OBS is that it starts in a preview mode where it does all the work but doesn't save the video, if it does all the work on the CPU cores it makes sense.
Are you sure this happened after a windows update? Maybe a nvidia update screwed up hardware acceleration for you?
Are you sure you use the same settings as before in premiere?
As a last resort I would try disabling PBO and only use PB, PBO is increasing vcore by a lot and could be causing some issues.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS