Presario 12XL505 DVD software

Hi -
I am considering upgrading my 12XL505 laptop from Windows ME to XP. I
think I've found all the drivers/software I'll need to get it to work,
except for DVD player software. My laptop currently has Mediamatics
DVDExpress on it (came with the laptop) which doesn't seem to available any
more. Any suggestions? I assume that XP doesn't have it's own player?
Thanks -
Brian

hh

Nope. You will have to get your own playback software. Cyberlink's Power DVD
is a good choice.
HH

"B" <bkm1234@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi -
> I am considering upgrading my 12XL505 laptop from Windows ME to XP. I
> think I've found all the drivers/software I'll need to get it to work,
> except for DVD player software. My laptop currently has Mediamatics
> DVDExpress on it (came with the laptop) which doesn't seem to available
> any
> more. Any suggestions? I assume that XP doesn't have it's own player?
> Thanks -
> Brian

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"B" <bkm1234@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi -
> I am considering upgrading my 12XL505 laptop from Windows ME to XP. I
> think I've found all the drivers/software I'll need to get it to work,
> except for DVD player software. My laptop currently has Mediamatics
> DVDExpress on it (came with the laptop) which doesn't seem to available
any
> more. Any suggestions? I assume that XP doesn't have it's own player?
> Thanks -
> Brian

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=95102&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us
Microsoft Windows 2000
Presario Specific Notebook Models DVD Player Software
02-2001 5065.5 - 16.53M

or this:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/compaqbusinesspcs/us/download/19889.html
or:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/hpcpqdt/us/download/18865.html

George

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"B" <bkm1234@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi -
> I am considering upgrading my 12XL505 laptop from Windows ME to XP. I
> think I've found all the drivers/software I'll need to get it to work,
> except for DVD player software. My laptop currently has Mediamatics
> DVDExpress on it (came with the laptop) which doesn't seem to available
any
> more. Any suggestions? I assume that XP doesn't have it's own player?
> Thanks -
> Brian

or:
Microsoft Windows ME
Presario Notebooks Mediamatics DVDExpress Software for Windows ME
10-2001 5065.5 - 16.13M

George

Thanks, George!
Brian