President Obama is Hosting an AMA (Q&A) on Reddit

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I bet 99% of the questions will be about marijuana legalization and I predict all of them will be ignored or side-tracked.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
It's total BS, the only questions being answered are stupid ones...like "what's recipe for whitehouse beer?" or something along those lines...I mean really? He's scared to answer real questions.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]got2bLight[/nom]I bet 99% of the questions will be about marijuana legalization and I predict all of them will be ignored or side-tracked.[/citation]The other 1% will be about his citizenship lol

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]slabbo[/nom]It's total BS, the only questions being answered are stupid ones...like "what's recipe for whitehouse beer?" or something along those lines...I mean really? He's scared to answer real questions.[/citation]

Anyone who thinks the president is sitting behind a desk answering these questions posted by reddit users is either retarded or 10. This is a marketing scheme just like twitter/facebook events etc..

On the plus side, at least the marketing firm working for Obama knows what reddit is, so even if the presidency is a little out of touch, the people they pay to make them look good aren't...

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]got2bLight[/nom]I bet 99% of the questions will be about marijuana legalization and I predict all of them will be ignored or side-tracked.[/citation]

More like 100%, not that i was surprised.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]slabbo[/nom]It's total BS, the only questions being answered are stupid ones...like "what's recipe for whitehouse beer?" or something along those lines...I mean really? He's scared to answer real questions.[/citation]
I would be scared to if everything you ever said or did can be turned around on you. But you are right generic answers and avoidence of hot topics.

G

As a Republican, I must say: Go Obama! After the RNC changed the rules to ensure that the lobbying industry's preselected candidate Shitt Robme received the nomination, and that none of those pesky delegates were allowed to vote for Ron Paul, I'm abstaining from the elections and hoping the Dems take it all.

If you think the great Mormon flip-flopper actually cares about you, you're either a billionaire, or else you deserve what you're going to get. This election is proof that you'll never get to elect anybody the lobbyists don't approve of first.

[citation][nom]Xatos[/nom]A terrible president answering questions on a terrible website full of teenagers. Can't wait...[/citation]
You'd be surprised on the average age of reddit users, and more or less its impact on social media.

[citation][nom]dudewitbow[/nom]You'd be surprised on the average age of reddit users, and more or less its impact on social media.[/citation]

Actual age and maturity are two different things. Reddit is a cesspool of stupidity and ignorance

aeurix

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008

I've never seen so many softballs thrown in all my life. I was pleased that he lied about Afghanistan (out by 2014...right, we'll still have bases there and soldiers stationed with contractors galore). If he would honestly answer any of the many questions about marijuana, NDAA and civilian drone bombings I would have respected him a hell of a lot more. These were all canned party answers.. and it quickly became a circle jerk on Reddit.

halls

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
I think it's really cool that he did this, but let's be real. Was anyone really expecting him to say anything he hadn't already said, or would be willing to say, on television? Every answer he gave was going to be 100% public. It just wouldn't have been smart to answer the tougher questions in such a fashion, especially considering we're so close to another election.
Still, it was cool that he was willing to sit down for an hour or so and look through them, especially considering how fast the site went down.

germ warfare

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

Actually, as a homebrewer this is relevant to my interests...

Status
Not open for further replies.