Feb 25, 2019
I am trying to format my PC and install a fresh copy of Windows 10. I created a bootable USB using Rufus and restarted by system and entered the bios settings and changed the first boot device to USB device and saved the settings and restarted my system. Usually after doing this the "Press Any Key To Boot From CD/DVD" appears, but this time "Press Any Key To Boot From CD/DVD" did not appear. I also tried using a different USB drive and different ports. I also went inside the Boot menu by pressing F12 and choose the USB drive but nothing happened. Please advise.

The reason why I am trying to format my PC is the volume icon has a red X mark and when i checked the device manager the sound driver has an exclamatory mark, I tried searching for new driver however it says the latest version has been installed already. It also says that the driver isn't digitally signed. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and scanned for hardware changes. Now I am stuck without sound i tried all the possible ways to fix this issue at last I tried formatting my PC but I am unable to do so!!

Feb 25, 2019
@jojesa Gigabyte 78lmt-usb 3 - motherboard
FX 6300 AMD Processor
8 GB RAM
2 TB Hard Disk SATA
Nvidia 1030 GPU

FYI I am able to get inside the boot menu by pressing F12 but when I select the USB drive nothing happens..

Last edited:
@jojesa Gigabyte 78lmt-usb 3 - motherboard
FX 6300 AMD Processor
8 GB RAM
2 TB Hard Disk SATA
Nvidia 1030 GPU

FYI I am able to get inside the boot menu by pressing F12 but when I select the USB drive nothing happens..
You should've said that.
Your USB is not a bootable drive, the process wasn't properly done or your USB is defective.

You could try again using Windows Media Creation Tool to create the Windows 10 installation media.
The tool is very easy to use and it will download the installation files and copy them onto a flash drive (with UEFI support ).
-Go to the official Windows 10 download page.
-Click the Download tool now button, and save the file to your computer.
-Browse the folder where the file was saved and double-click the Media Creation Tool exe file to run it.
-Click the Accept button (agree to the Microsoft terms).
-Click on Create installation media (USB flash drive,...) for another PC.
You will need an 8GB or larger USB flash drive.
-Click the Next button.
-Select the Language, Edition and Architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) and click Next.
-Click on USB flash drive option and click Next.
-Click on the chosen flash drive from the list and click Next.
-The tool downloads the Windows 10 installation files, and creates the bootable media with support for both, UEFI and legacy BIOS.

Feb 25, 2019
You should've said that.
Your USB is not a bootable drive, the process wasn't properly done or your USB is defective.

You could try again using Windows Media Creation Tool to create the Windows 10 installation media.
The tool is very easy to use and it will download the installation files and copy them onto a flash drive (with UEFI support ).
-Go to the official Windows 10 download page.
-Click the Download tool now button, and save the file to your computer.
-Browse the folder where the file was saved and double-click the Media Creation Tool exe file to run it.
-Click the Accept button (agree to the Microsoft terms).
-Click on Create installation media (USB flash drive,...) for another PC.
You will need an 8GB or larger USB flash drive.
-Click the Next button.
-Select the Language, Edition and Architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) and click Next.
-Click on USB flash drive option and click Next.
-Click on the chosen flash drive from the list and click Next.
-The tool downloads the Windows 10 installation files, and creates the bootable media with support for both, UEFI and legacy BIOS.

That actually worked..thank you for your help.

The boot from CD/DVD did not appear, however it automatically went inside the Windows 10 set up. You are awesome!!!