Pressing the "Order Button" - Please review my $1,500 build

alteredform

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Attached in an image showing my shopping cart for my "proposed" purchase.

Does this look like an effective use of $1,500? I intend to use this computer for photoshop/lightroom and gaming.
I would like to run Bad Company 2 at the highest settings at 1920x1200 and Diablo 3 & Star Wars: The Old Republic when released.
With that said, I need recommendations for a new LCD monitor $500 or less... Preferably something that would work well for photoshop/lightroom as well as gaming.
My wife is a school teacher - I will acquire a copy of Windows 7 through an educational source.

4430118090_25c3c2c0bb_b.jpg

I am also more than willing to entertain changes or modifications (especially if I missed a much more advantageous combo deal).

Thank you!

At the $1500 price point, I'd do an Intel Build.

As for the monitor, if Photoshop is the primary consideration, you'll want to avoid a TN panel. The entry point for n IPS panel is the Dell u2410. It can usually be found "on special" for about $530.

Watch sites like techbargains.com and fatwallet.com for the specials....otherwise its $599

alteredform

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010

I would note that my $1,500 budget includes the purchase of the monitor. I'm willing to add a little more Cash to the equation if it merits it.