Pressure-Sensitive Bluetooth 4.0 Stylus Coming to iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Lame attempt to copy Samsung's Note series.[/citation]

Galaxy 1 and Galaxy tab were lame attempts to copy the iPhone and iPad, guess you forgot to mention that.

cycletronic

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
This is far far inferior to Wacom tech. Wacom uses no battery (read: light weight)... it does require the screen to have a special grid under it, and it requires you to license their patents, which is exactly why Apple didn't do it.
Wacom will give you more than just pressure too... tilt sensing and even roll/twist sensing. You can even have multiple pens that perform different functions, like an airbrush pen, paint pen, pencil pen, etc. These features are actually pretty important if you want to do digital art... pressure sensitivity is much less useful than tilt and rotation.
I'm not sure what features are available on the Note devices, but the technology supports it. This bluetooth thing is just a cheap hack by comparison. A heavy cheap hack.

kenyee

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
ditto Wacom technology is totally different...if you've ever used a real Wacom graphics tablet, you'd know there's no comparison.

I don't see how this gizmo can get location accurately. Touch screens have some crazy big minimum spot size of 10mm or something like that. That's why the other touch styluses always have a big fat tip on the end...

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
The tip of this stylus is way too thick. Plus, a battery is required inside the stylus making it heavy and unwieldy. I'm already quite happy with my Wacom tablet PC and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. This iPad stylus just isn't good enough.

thinbear

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
would like to know (doubt how good will) the level of pressure and the lpi of this product;
if the pointer (nib) is too sharp, it will scratch the surface; otherwise, looks like it will be hard to control (imagine using an eraser to erase an "i" among "//////i///////"). A typical wacom user change their pen nibs once in a while jus FYI

Guess this will be a fun toy to have, for at most for drafting purpose. Or they have a method to work around it (which I look forward)
- Bamboo connect user

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]JacekRing[/nom]@cycletronic - I'm sure the Android fan boys will get it, but I'm not so sure about the Apple fan boys. We'll wait to see what kind of +/- rating it will get (- meaning that Apple fanboys got it, and + meaning that Android fanboys got it, if it stays 0 that means you're all stupid....j/k)[/citation]
This comment is the best case example of ignorance. You might as well say Android fanboys vote up anything that disses Apple, and that Apple fanboys don't come to Tom's Hardware and leave comments, because that comment even though is probably not truthful, is more than likely more accurate than what you have said, and ironically less ignorant. Glad to see logical people like cycletronic and bigdragon who didn't leave a comment about Apple fanboys and talked about the product themselves and compared it to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.