Question Pretty sure I messed up my GPU

spinnnerrr91

Reputable
Oct 23, 2018
I recently moved out of my apartment and my moronic self put my rig in the moving van with the GPU still in. I don't know why I did that because every other time I've transported it, I placed the rig in my car and have taken out the GPU.

So now the GPU displays all glitchy/fuzzy/static. I tried placing the GPU in the other PCI slot but same outcome, which leads my to believe it's the GPU and not the mobo. It's a 3070 Ti and I paid a good price for it about a year ago.

Microcenter is the only place I can think of bringing it to. Any other recommendations on what I should do?

Rokinamerica

Estimable
Nov 30, 2021
Do you have a friend you can try the card in their pc? Would help narrow down the problem if it either works (not the GPU) or it doesn't work (GPU).

Check all cable connections first.

There is a chance it is a cable connection issue (probably not, but fingers crossed).
Check all cable connections, including PSU to motherboard.

When my PC starts acting UP (its happened 3 times in 20 years or so) I always unplug and plug everything back in.
It helped once or twice, so it is a long shot but may help.

ON the other hand, if the GPU is barely holding on after it was damaged, you might kill ti completely with anything so....

spinnnerrr91

Reputable
Oct 23, 2018
I currently have my monitor plugged into my motherboard via display port and there aren't any issues.

All other connections look good and the PC runs normal without the GPU in it.

I took it to Microcenter today and they said they don't repair GPU's :\

I might just end up posting it on eBay as damaged and treat myself to a new one next paycheck.