Pretty sure my pc is underperforming and dont know why

Dizzzyyy

Reputable
Jun 26, 2014
Ok so i mostly play bf4 and up untill recently the game was running fine 130-150 fps on low/medium settings. then starting like a month ago my fps started to get realy unstable and just not as smooth. my fps rapidly goes up and down between 90-170 ( only hitting around 170 for a couple seconds at a time). one thing i did notice was whenever i had a major frame drop my gpu usage droped from 75+% to all the way down to 0 sometimes then go's back up when my framerate go's back up. also ive been noticing with my jumpy framerate my gpu usage is always jumping up and down between 80 and 100% ( Only go's below 80% during major frame drops then go's back up when over ).

I play on a 120hz screen so anytime i go below 120fps its very noticable and extremely annoying

Any and all help is appreciated.

Heres my specs

Cpu; Intel i5-4430k
Gpu: 760 2gb
Mobo: Msi B85m-P33
Ram : 8gb DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive: SATA lll 7200 rpm
Psu: Atx 600w

What make and model PSU?
sounds like a conflict between your game(s) and some other program(s) or driver, OR it could be a heat issue either with the system components or with the PSU, though it doesn't sound like it..This problem and question has come up several times in our forum in the last 6 months; do a little research and you might be able to find the answer.
GPU usage will fluctuate during a game or when under load, that may be normal.