[SOLVED] Preview generating viruses on my computer?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fchung0712

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Today I was saving some pictures I edited with preview, and then, my security program (Avast Free Antivirus) reports that there are viruses in the files I saved, and after performing a scan, I have found that these files are from so folder called chunk storage. The type of virus I am receiving is Win32:Vundo-GQ[Tri]
If I am correct, this virus only affects windows, but I want to find out what is happening as a precaution.
I have a
Late 2012 iMac 21.5 inch
Base model

Solution
Looks like you're dealing with a piece of spyware. You're fine on the mac, because that piece of spyware is based on the Windows platform, and won't run due to lack of Mac compatibility and OSX's GateKeeper. Try seeing if Avast! can clean that up for you, and if not delete the photos just to be 100% sure!

adumbbird13

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Looks like you're dealing with a piece of spyware. You're fine on the mac, because that piece of spyware is based on the Windows platform, and won't run due to lack of Mac compatibility and OSX's GateKeeper. Try seeing if Avast! can clean that up for you, and if not delete the photos just to be 100% sure!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.