[SOLVED] Pricing of LanParty Motherboards

Alex4win

Prominent
Aug 1, 2021
I have an old system I'm looking to sell. And I have no idea what its worth.
Specifically the motherboard, which is a LanParty DK X38 Dark (LGA 775 Socket)

The LanParty boards on ebay are almost all over $100, which is surprising for 15 year old boards.
And the prices fluctuate greatly. I'm guessing collectors seek them for retro gaming PC's?

I would highly appreciate any help in gauging its value. I don't know where to start.
Is this system even worth selling? Its running windows 10 flawlessly. I'll probably keep it if it doesn't sell for much.
My current estimate for the whole system is ~ $250 (parted out.)

Full System:
  • DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Motherboard
  • Intel Core2 Quad Q9550
  • 4GB (2x 2GB) OCZ Reaper Series DDR2 Memory 1066MHz CL5 PC2-8500
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 580

plGj7PC.jpg
0FZR3vc.jpg

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Some collectors tend to have them perched up on their shelves so they can claim they have a piece of history. IMHO, it's best if you left the system running as is, if you don't have any hiccups with it or disassemble the system if you have another system as it's placeholder and have your older rig up on a shelf. I've got an Asus Rampage Extreme X48(the original Rampage mind you) and even though it works, I tore down the system and placed them back in their respective boxes.

As for the price, yes you're looking at around 250 to 300 USD though your GPU might be able to fetch a little more.

I'm all for not selling it mind you. Not many people have hardware that old, too add, not many people have a DFI...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Some collectors tend to have them perched up on their shelves so they can claim they have a piece of history. IMHO, it's best if you left the system running as is, if you don't have any hiccups with it or disassemble the system if you have another system as it's placeholder and have your older rig up on a shelf. I've got an Asus Rampage Extreme X48(the original Rampage mind you) and even though it works, I tore down the system and placed them back in their respective boxes.

As for the price, yes you're looking at around 250 to 300 USD though your GPU might be able to fetch a little more.

I'm all for not selling it mind you. Not many people have hardware that old, too add, not many people have a DFI board that actually works...so :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS