Question Prime B350-PLUS + 5600x No POST - Bios + Chipset updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

NXSmiggy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2014
Hey Folks,

Got an issue with an upgrade im looking for advice on as tried just about everything i feel now and perhaps the CPU is DOA. Doing an in-place upgrade on a Asus B350-Plus with know working components and when installing the new CPU the thing just wont post. Powers on but no screen at all.

Swap back to the Ryzen 3 2200g and it powers on fine. I have updated the BIOS to the latest from Asus v6203 which should support the hardware but nothing. First update was to 6042 which is the minumum level for support.

I have udpated the system drivers to the latest versions for both chipset and onboard graphics (removed the GPU for now to rule that out). CPU is brand new from Amazon.

Any ideas on what else I can try before I RMA the CPU?

PSU is a 550w corasir running 1 SSD, so dont think its power related

Hey Folks,

Got an issue with an upgrade im looking for advice on as tried just about everything i feel now and perhaps the CPU is DOA. Doing an in-place upgrade on a Asus B350-Plus with know working components and when installing the new CPU the thing just wont post. Powers on but no screen at all.

Swap back to the Ryzen 3 2200g and it powers on fine. I have updated the BIOS to the latest from Asus v6203 which should support the hardware but nothing. First update was to 6042 which is the minumum level for support.

I have udpated the system drivers to the latest versions for both chipset and onboard graphics (removed the GPU for now to rule that out). CPU is brand new from Amazon.

Any ideas on what else I can try before I RMA the CPU?

PSU is a 550w corasir running 1 SSD, so dont think its power related
reset your settings in bios to default to remove any ram overclocks etc that may be preventing a post.

make sure gpu is plugged in or it wont post no intergrated graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.