Question Prime H310M ASUS Replacement

ashtekaros

Reputable
Jan 29, 2019
I want to replace my Motherboard because its starting to show signs of problems and i want to replace it (my present motherboard bugged before, but was fixed .

My intention is to Replace the motherboard, which is the Prime H310M ASUS. On the cardbox there is H81A BTC. With a symilar type because i dont want to reinstall my windows and my programs.

So, the question is if all that really matters is the Prime H310M ASUS part or the H81A BTC is relevant? so, if i use a Prime H310M ASUS that has not the H81A BTC particular part, will i have to reinstall the windows and my programs ?

thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
What processor are you working with?

so, if i use a Prime H310M ASUS that has not the H81A BTC particular part, will i have to reinstall the windows and my programs ?
If you forget for a short moment that your processor can and will be incompatible, you're still going to have to reinstall your OS.

In short, motherboard/platform swap = OS reinstall.

ashtekaros

Reputable
Jan 29, 2019

so, if i use a Prime H310M ASUS that has not the H81A BTC particular part, will i have to reinstall the windows and my programs ?
If you forget for a short moment that your processor can and will be incompatible, you're still going to have to reinstall your OS.

The processor is an i5 8500 3 ghz.

if i use this processor with a Prime H310M ASUS that has not the H81A BTC particular part, will i have to reinstall the windows and my programs ? i want to avoid that.

ashtekaros

Reputable
Jan 29, 2019

im sorry for replying again. but my question was not answered. that question being :

if i use this processor with a Prime H310M ASUS that has not the H81A BTC particular part, will i have to reinstall the windows and my programs ?

my PRESENT motherboard is a Prime H310M ASUS. On its cardbox there is there is H81A BTC written.
if i change motherboard to other Prime H310M ASUS that is not H81A BTC. will i have to reinstall everything?