Prime95 question for non overclockable board

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
Hi all,

Just a quick question, if i want to run prime95 to just stress test my cpu temps under full load on a board that doesnt support overclocking will it still work to test my temps?

thanks!

Solution
Nonsense. If it crashes it's either instability or overheat, but your CPU isn't overclocked so the stock cooler should provide adequate cooling (will be very loud though) and the PC should be relatively stable at stock level unless one of the component is busted (like a bad RAM).

BigBoomBoom

Commendable
Apr 9, 2017
Nonsense. If it crashes it's either instability or overheat, but your CPU isn't overclocked so the stock cooler should provide adequate cooling (will be very loud though) and the PC should be relatively stable at stock level unless one of the component is busted (like a bad RAM).

Solution

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
My thoughts exactly cheers! It's actually my friends computer which he had built at said computer store and I had a bit of a disagreement with him obviously when he said that program will crash the computer cause it can't overclock... Might I add he refused to accept that it crashing from that program was a problem, and that the computer was fine dispite it crashing pretty well instantly..

Anyway just another case of someone who works at a computer store thinking they know everything.. that's for confirming my thoughts.