[SOLVED] Printed text unreadable

nbartolo7

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
My printed docs have recently become unreadable. It didn't use to be like this. Actually, not even sure it's the printer's fault, because the actual email text seems more transparent and greyish than it is black. It keeps the sender information deep black as you can all see, but the rest of the text is light greyish. As a result, when I print it, which I usually when it's articles, the text is barely visible. I imagine the printer just prints what it sees on screen. Any way I can put the main text back into deep black? Or perhaps, I can force the printer to not recognize different shades of grey and it will print pure black only? No clue. Any help appreciated.

Solution
Any way I can put the main text back into deep black?

Copy/paste the grey text of an e-mail into any word editing software (e.g Word or Wordpad), change the font color to black, save the file and print from the file instead. This fixes the color issue.

Notepad doesn't have text coloring tools, and should put all the text automatically into default black. Afterwards you can save the file and print from Notepad directly. Using notepad skips the step of you manually changing the text color.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Any way I can put the main text back into deep black?

Copy/paste the grey text of an e-mail into any word editing software (e.g Word or Wordpad), change the font color to black, save the file and print from the file instead. This fixes the color issue.

Notepad doesn't have text coloring tools, and should put all the text automatically into default black. Afterwards you can save the file and print from Notepad directly. Using notepad skips the step of you manually changing the text color.

Reactions: nbartolo7
Solution

nbartolo7

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017

Cool, thanks it worked. Do we know why it's doing that though? It didn't used to be like this. As far as I can recall at least.