pro/con volcano II fan fit on vantec heat sink

G

I was just wondering if I could put the volcano II fan 4500 rpms 36 cfm and 31.8 dBa on a vantec fce-62540d heat sink, why a vantec fan is 6800 rpms 36.7 cfm and and 45 dBa, the vantec fan in my mind is to loud for a .7 cfm gain in air movement and you would only lose a 1 or 2 degree at most. not sure on rpms doing anything.

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If mine ever comes in (it was shipped last monday who knows where it could be) I will let you know because I ordered the whole volcanoII heatsink just so I could mess with the fan, which personally I don't beleive actually puts out that much air, nor does pham computers, but we'll see. See my post furthur down, and I'll keep you posted.

ILLEGALISE BULLETS

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Got the heat sink today- and (drum roll please)
IT SUCKS!! Ok no seriously it's ok, but the fan on it is as good as a 27cfm ystech or a 28-29cfm adda fan. It certainly does not even approach the power of the delta black label fan. It is quieter though. I put it on there and just watched the heat rise. So i combined the fop32 (ys tech 27cfm) fan with the volacno 2 fan with a case slot bar and some superglue and the two fans together cool the same as, if not a tiny bit better than the delta fan, and much quieter too.

ILLEGALISE BULLETS