Probably a bad GPU

swoozm8

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017
Hey, I've had this problem for maybe 2 years or something, I used to have an AMD Athlon x2 250 and a shitty mobo with the integrated graphics. I was broke and wanted to upgrade my pc so I got a new GPU, the RX460 2gb. I used to have the " display driver stopped responding and has recovered " every time I tried to play a game. I finally upgraded to an ASRock A320m-dogs and a zen 3 1200 also I got windows 10 now. After upgrading my specs and going to windows 10 I don't have this problem anymore BUT sometimes I have stuttered and I think that my GPU still has the problem but windows 10 are better at handling crashes or something, I don't know. Also the lights at my house flicker sometimes and if a lot of devices ( like the washing machine ) are working the lights reduce their brightness. ( u know what I mean ) Could this damage my pc? Also, should I be concerned about those stutters ? also what should do to protect my pc ?

swoozm8

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017
I thought that it was slowness but I re-installed windows a few days ago and it still happens when I'm playing league of legends ( its a really easy to run game, should never stutter ) youtube and adobe premiere.

Not with power issues in the house, you need a UPS if you want to do your best to prevent damage to the system. A high quality power supply will also help, but you need end to end protection for best solution. Contact the power company and see why you are getting sags.

swoozm8

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017
Well there was a thunderstorm where I live and the power was out for a day, we called the power company for the problem and they send some guys to fix it, looks like some cables were in really bad shapes and I'm lucky that I still have a house. I think the problem is gone now.