[SOLVED] Problem accessing the BIOS -- I just get a black screen ?

guywhoneedshelp22

Reputable
May 18, 2019
Hi guys! I recently have upgraded my system but noticed that my bios for some reason barely works. Whenever I try to enter my bios through the f2 or delete key it just stays at a black screen. I also tried the Boot Manager method by pressing f11 and it barely managed to work. I had to power off and power on my pc 3 times to get it to that. My motherboard is an Asrock b450m pro4. I also tried clearing the cmos on the board but nothing really happened. I was going to reinstall Windows but then thought about it maybe bricking my system because of the BIOS access problem. What should I do??? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Solution
P3.60 is indeed your BIOS version and it should support your ryzen 3600, strange? Hopefully one of the more experienced members will jump on this thread and help you find a solution to your problem, sorry I couldnt help you further.
Looking at your motherboards support page, you need BIOS 3.30 to run your 3600. You need to find out what BIOS version you are currently running and follow the steps to update it.(once your 2000 series cpu is plugged back in, assuming it was indeed a 2000 series cpu you had originally?)

guywhoneedshelp22

Reputable
May 18, 2019
Looking at your motherboards support page, you need BIOS 3.30 to run your 3600. You need to find out what BIOS version you are currently running and follow the steps to update it.(once your 2000 series cpu is plugged back in, assuming it was indeed a 2000 series cpu you had originally?)
My motherboard said the cpu was compatible it says ryzen 3000 ready but ill let you know in a few

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Most claims are accurate, upto a point. A car dealer can claim a brand new, high horsepower Camero is race ready, and it might be (for a back yard street vs a Honda), but take it to a Nascar shop and you'll see 50 guys laugh so hard they'll cry.

3000 series ready might only include certain cpus (at that time) , might only include the 3200/3400G or might only have a bios chip large enough to accommodate the latest bios updates, ready and enabled being 2 different words.

I know it sounds like semantics, but that's often a game that vendors use for technicality reasons.

guywhoneedshelp22

Reputable
May 18, 2019
Sorry for the late update, I cant seem to get into the bios at all. How would I be able to check my bios version?? I tried using CPU-Z since I cant get into it and it shows for me “P3.60 - AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3”

guywhoneedshelp22

Reputable
May 18, 2019
I also just noticed that for some reason my bios settings keep messing up and now my ram isn’t running at 3600mhz its running at 2133mhz and I cant fix it due to the bios not being able to be accessed. I also noticed that for some reason the last time I had cleanly reinstalled windows my time and date was wrong, this issue still persists in Discord as the time is 3 hours backwards than what its supposed to be.

guywhoneedshelp22

Reputable
May 18, 2019
Update: I tried removing and putting back the CMOS battery after 5 mins and I was able to get into the bios twice with the second attempt just black screening, it still goes into a boot loop when attempting to wake it up from sleep mode

P3.60 is indeed your BIOS version and it should support your ryzen 3600, strange? Hopefully one of the more experienced members will jump on this thread and help you find a solution to your problem, sorry I couldnt help you further.

Solution