Problem Booting from Drive that contains Windows 10

stelios_7

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016
Hello i have a problem in which i cannot find solution. my C: drive is a samsung evo 840 x2 (raid0). It shows that my windows are installed on this drive, however whenever i set my C: as my first booting priority on bios it displays: "operating system not found". the only way for my windows to boot is if i choose a certain drive that says it has 1397gb capacity but it doesnt display a letter for it on disk management. any ideas how to fix this problem please? i have had this problem for a long time now and i couldnt find any solutions. Thank you all in advance. Also here is a screenshot from my disk management at the moment.

http://imgur.com/DNovzEO

Solution

Yes.
Decide on which drive you want the OS on, wipe and reinstall. No RAID 0 with the SSD's.
Then...determine exactly which drive is that 1397GB thing.
Wipe it completely. Reformat and use it as needed.

USAFRet

Titan
It is because the System partition is that entire 1397GB drive.
Don't know how it got to be that way, but that's the way it is.

As mentioned in your other thread...you really need to start over with this config.
And lose that 840 EVO x 2 RAID 0 thing.

stelios_7

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016
thank you for the reply! do you think if i format and reinstall windows only on C: with all the other hard drives detached, and then connect them it will solve the problem or not?

USAFRet

Titan

Yes.
Decide on which drive you want the OS on, wipe and reinstall. No RAID 0 with the SSD's.
Then...determine exactly which drive is that 1397GB thing.
Wipe it completely. Reformat and use it as needed.

Solution

stelios_7

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016
great i will try that and see what happens. just a final question about the windows reinstalling. i had bought windows 8 and then upgraded to 10 with that key. if i reinstall now will the same key be working again or i have to buy windows 10 all over again ? thank you a lot !!

USAFRet

Titan

Just reinstall Win 10 again.
When it asks for the license key, skip that and proceed on.

TRENDING THREADS