Problem changing the Vcore in my bios.

Helljanek

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
Hello Tomshardware.

I've recently tried to start learning about overclocking and I find it really enjoyable.
Now I have a problem that I can't quite seem to solve on my own(+Google Ofc ;))

I have a AMD fx6300 and as I've understood from previous posts it should take OC's quite well.
Now to my problem. I'm currently using the Gigabyte GA-990xa UD3 mobo (Uefi Dualbios) and I can't seem to change my Vcore enough in bios.

I'm aiming for a 4.4GHz clockspeed with 1.364 Vcore. I can change my clockspeed multiplier but as soon as I go to change my Vcore it only goes up to +0.775V (using the + and - keys)

I've tried this in AMD Overdrive and it runs stable after a 2 hour stability test. But it seems that each and every time I reboot my computer, AMD Overdrive goes back to stock clock speed and I don't want to change that every single time I boot my computer.

Is the Vcore options added to the original Vcore speed? Like say if I have 1.250 Volts do I have to set the Vcore in bios to +0.115V to get to +1.365V or is it actually going to set my Volts to +0.115V?

I would love it if anyone could help me. I'm currently running 2x R9 280x and I feel that some more juice from my CPU wouldn't be all that bad.

Also sorry for any typos (english is my second language)

Solution
The plus sign means it's an offset, ie added to the base voltage. What does HWMonitor say?

+0.775V is way, way, waaaay too much. You don't want your total VCore to go above ~1.45V.

Helljanek

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

If you read my whole post you would see that my question was if it was the offset or not! Thanks for your reply. Now I know that I'm going to set it to +0.115V to get it correct!