problem i am having with csgo since 7 months please help im so frustrated :(

drakehotbling

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
My game since i bought the pc has been freezing for 0.2 - 0.5 second everytime i peek an enemy or get killed by enemy or when i am inspecting a gun even in the main menu..and it seems to happen before hand. (Like im loading the enemy model or something) i tried everything and this only just begun happening but not after any update or changes to my computer. I tried verifying game files/ updated all drivers and even cleaned my computer this morning but i still get the same shitty experience. Worst part is telling teammates that i lag when i die...

my pc specs :
i7 8700K

asrock z370 pro 4

game and windows running on SSD

gtx 1080 founders edition

Wireless steelseries 800 '' maybe wireless headphones causes stutter? idk ''

16gb corsair rgb ddr4 3000 MHZ '' overclocked in my motherboard , tried to use it without oc too dosent work ''

i also tried all these and none worked PLEASE READ before you tell me the same thing i tried again.

i tried :

reinstalling all drivers/updating them

reinstalling windows

reinstalling steam

verify game cache

reinstall csgo

change config

change resolution

all setings are on low

my fps is 400-600

uninstall graphics card driver using ddu

put high preformance on power saving

updating windows

use time resolution

disabled game dvr

disabled unneccesary things in windows 10

OC cpu and gpu and ram

-take off wireless heapdhones and use normal ones

things maybe you should know :

- i have win 10 pro

- i am running pretty much everything in the motherboard on auto even the ram mode , i tried xmp profile 2.0 but its the same so left it as default settings

- i have 100MB internet connection with latest drivers and its through cable not wifi

maybe there are other solutions that i've forgot but pretty much i tried everything and none worked. my launch options are only '' -novid '' as other causes more lag according to valve..

thanks in advance.

EDIT : OKAY , i just remembered that when im inspectacting skins , same thing exactly happens.. so i tried to inspectate skins and turn them fast in the main menu , the var goes from 0.2-0.3 to 9-10 ! and i tried to inspectate default skins , same thing and i tried to inspectate skins without internet to check if its internet , nothing neither

are you looking for experience help or arguments. ?

the advise is sound, based on the fact your NEED to overclock your ram for it to run on your Intel board makes it very suspicious, considering this has happen since this box has been put together also points at hardware issue. (suspicious because all Intel board can run at base line 2133 speed with ANY Ram. xmp generates faster speeds if the ram is capable (in your case 3000mhz), if the xmp is unable to properly oc the ram and you have to do it manually. it really points at the ram as likely problem numero uno. and the motherboard as second possible problem

drakehotbling

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016

my motherboard dosent support until 4000mhz but i will have to OC the ram if its anything above 2666mhz , so mine is OC to 3000 , the motherboard dosent really work that well thats what i feel too and what does the sound has to do with that?

okay Then I suggest to turn off XMP, your ram should default to 2133 or 2666 MHZ and your pc should run if it does not then there is either a ram issue or a motherboard issue, the ram should be tested on a different system to separate the issue and find out which is which causing the problem. boot in bios and what does the memory reports in bios.

also what bios version do you have on your bios ?
I ask because on the manufacturers web site I see a string of series of bios upgrades one after the other related to making this motherboard more compatible with ram types https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z370%20Pro4/index.asp#BIOS

drakehotbling

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016

there is no option to turn off xmp profile.. its either to put it or to make it " auto " dont know if auto means that its off

anyway , latest version i installed is Windows® 3.20 Update Intel Microcode and i downloaded it from the link u gave me , i also have driver boost pro 6 and everything is updated , i will try today memtest and on the weekend i will try the rams in my friends pc but any other suggestion til so? maybe try windows 7?

drakehotbling

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016

it shows as 2 corsair rams 8gb ddr4 @3000mhz

i tried to put 2133 , 2666 and 3000 , they lag at all of these with xmp profile on or " auto mode "

drakehotbling

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016

hey bro , check my last update in the edit of the post

so I am confused with the information you provide as some of it is not very clear or make sense.

you make a statement of
1. there is no option to turn off xmp profile.. its either to put it or to make it " auto " dont know if auto means that its off
then
2. i tried to put 2133 , 2666 and 3000 , they lag at all of these with xmp profile on or " auto mode "

when you say "i tried to put 2133 , 2666 and 3000 " what do you mean your performing, as either your changing settings in your pc or switching ram stick and I have no idea which it is.

I am going to refer you to your motherboard manual https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z370%20Pro4/index.asp#Manual

in the OC menu under
DRAM Timing Configuration
Load XMP Setting Load XMP settings to overclock the memory and perform beyond standard specifications.
and
DRAM Frequency Clock Select Auto for optimized settings

nothing else needs to be tweaked.
if you changed ANYTHING, I suggest resetting cmos and restart fresh because something you change (if you did) is messing up.

drakehotbling

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016

bro ..

1- english is not my first language so dont be harsh on me i will try to explain that as best as i can.

i read that the default max value of rams in my motherboards is 2666 for 8th gen processors , although when i put it on 3000 it still says it works as 3000mhz in windows , both rams. and i tried what u told me.. didnt work sadly

i think i might have poor grounding in the building , i dont know if that can effect the game but idk , but the electricity is so high that i get electrical shocks when i touch it

inzane4all

Upstanding
Jun 20, 2018
Set your RAM to the recommended specs by the board. If it's 2600 Mhz, then set it to that. When you have it running at 3000Mhz, your OC the RAM, and without adding more power to the RAM, you'll experience issues. Heck try setting it to 2400 Mhz just to be safe. It's for testing purposes, see if it works, and if it does, there you go. Try one RAM stick also, just like previously mentioned.

I would have issues with CS:GO all the time, and my issue was bad RAM. I reinstalled my entire OS multiple times, and kept getting corrupt game files on steam all the time after playing CS:GO. Swapped out the RAM and issue went away. Not saying that bad RAM is your issue, but only way to find out is to test.

Just like the previous guy mentioned: Reset your board from the BIOS. Something must be off on there.

drakehotbling

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016

did all of what you said above but the one ram stick ,if by one ram stick you mean only to put 1 ram in my motherboard which is 8GB then nope i didnt try that

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Then do try that. It's mentioned already a few times.Make sure to switch them as well.

There is a later bios now so try that as well. "3.30 from 2018/12/25"

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

drakehotbling

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
Hello , i tried to put 1 ram stick and i also have the latest bios version of MSI coz i changed the motherboard since some people told me it might be the motherboard now im using msi z370 pro a , sorry if i havent mentioned that but nope , dosent seem to change anything yet

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

New motherboards don't automatically come with the latest bios. That motherboards latest bios is very recent. "7B48v28 Release Date 2018-12-17".

You by any chance tried with another keyboard/mouse? Internet cable?