Question problem in adjusting the brightness

chouiyekh

Commendable
Nov 20, 2017
hello friends,
i have an ASUS X64JQ with amd mobility radeon hd 5000, (windows 10 x64) i have installed the driver but i found a problem when i try to adjust the brightness lower than 62% the screen goes off ( black screen not displaying any thing ), so 61% <= black screen, and 62% >= screen work properly, i tried lot of drivers but i still have the problem ! and i tried to connect the laptop with VGA or HDMI cables with another display but the same problem occurred when i adjust brightness low than 62% !
please help guys .. thanks

I would guess at the LCD video cable being the problem. Your worst (and second most likely) case would be the LCD itself. Before you go replacing parts, though, have you already tested this on Windows 7?

I very much doubt it's a main board issue, and thankfully the LCD and video cable are at least a bit easier to replace if it comes to that. The cable being the cheapest, I suggest finding the part number printed on it and then search online for a replacement if this ends up seeming to be a hardware issue - or send it to Asus, or bring it to a local tech to do the work.

chouiyekh

Commendable
Nov 20, 2017
I would guess at the LCD video cable being the problem. Your worst (and second most likely) case would be the LCD itself. Before you go replacing parts, though, have you already tested this on Windows 7?

I very much doubt it's a main board issue, and thankfully the LCD and video cable are at least a bit easier to replace if it comes to that. The cable being the cheapest, I suggest finding the part number printed on it and then search online for a replacement if this ends up seeming to be a hardware issue - or send it to Asus, or bring it to a local tech to do the work.

no i haven't tested windows 7 yet on it, i will to make sure if it a hardware or software problem, thank you bro

chouiyekh

Commendable
Nov 20, 2017

hello friend,

after installing windows 7 on my laptop, the problem disappeared, so it's problem of driver, i tried a lot of drivers but i didn't find one work on windows 10

Sorry to say that you might be out of luck when it comes to Windows 10. I only see official driver support from Asus for Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

One thing you can try, if you haven't already: Install and fully update Windows 7 and the drivers, then do the upgrade install to Win 10. The drivers might carry over and work that way, but if not, I don't know of an easy fix for the Win 10 issue.