[SOLVED] Problem installing a linux distirbution (Partitioning drives)

Aug 23, 2020
Hello guys . I wanted to install a OS based on linux but I've got problems with partitioning my drive . using the partitioning menu offered by the software itself I created a blank unallocated disk space. Since it was marked unusable I formatted it to NTFS but now the installer's partitioning menu mixes drives up and I'm in confusion. what should I do in order to have these spaces separated and install it in the space I have made for it(Disk G). btw I use windows on my pc too.
----->disk management desktop https://ibb.co/YhvNCpR
------>the software partitioning where it has mixed drives up and displays them 384.3GB

Solution
Linux does not like being installed onto NTFS partition. Delete it from within Windows.

Rerun Linux installer, and delete that G: volume, then install Linux in that partition. When the time comes for GRUB installation, let it install into MBR.

I would strongly recommend (a) making a backup of your important data, and (b) using virtual machine for your Linux 101.
Aug 23, 2020
Hello guys . I wanted to install a OS based on linux but I've got problems with partitioning my drive . using the partitioning menu offered by the software itself I created a blank unallocated disk space. Since it was marked unusable I formatted it to NTFS but now the installer's partitioning menu mixes drives up and I'm in confusion. what should I do in order to have these spaces separated and install it in the space I have made for it(Disk G). btw I use windows on my pc too.
----->disk management desktop https://ibb.co/YhvNCpR
------>the software partitioning where it has mixed drives up and displays them 384.3GB

Linux does not like being installed onto NTFS partition. Delete it from within Windows.

Rerun Linux installer, and delete that G: volume, then install Linux in that partition. When the time comes for GRUB installation, let it install into MBR.

I would strongly recommend (a) making a backup of your important data, and (b) using virtual machine for your Linux 101.

Solution